Manual Uninstall of DBA Client (builds 397+)
In the event that you are unable to uninstall the DBA Manufacturing Client using the Add/Remove screen in the Windows Control Panel, perform the following tasks. This will completely remove the client from your PC. These instructions are for customers who are running DBA build 397 or higher.
This is to be done *only* on the local workstation. Do *not* delete files from the server.
Windows Batch File Instructions
It is recommended that you use the Windows Batch File instead of doing the manual uninstall steps listed below. The Batch file runs a script that will do the manual uninstall steps for you at time of execution. Do keep in mind the Windows Batch File will delete the DBA Main Company Client, DBA Sample Company Client, the DBA Main Training Company Client, and DBA Sample Training Company Client on the workstation PC.
To run the command file, use the provided link above to download the DBAClientCleanFailedDBAInstall.zip file, and then follow the steps below.
- Open the zip file and extract the DBAClientCleanFailedDBAInstall.bat file.
- Right-click on the DBAClientCleanFailedDBAInstall.bat file and select the "Run as administrator" to launch it.
- The Windows command prompt will open and you will see a series of command executed.
- When the series of commands are done, the command prompt will say "Press any key to continue...". At that point, press any key on the keyboard to continue and the Windows command prompt will close
The following manual instructions are to be used as a last resort after you have tried the Add/Remove in Windows Control Panel and the above Windows Batch File to delete a DBA Main Company Client. Extreme caution must be performed when editing registry. If any of the following contents don't exist, skip that step and move onto the next.
- Run regedit.exe and remove/change the following entries in the system registry. *PLEASE NOTE: EDITING THE SYSTEM REGISTRY IMPROPERLY CAN RESULT IN YOUR OPERATING NO LONGER WORKING*
- Delete the following keys for DBA Manufacturing in Add/Remove programs if they exist.
- You can delete the desktop shortcuts for the DBA Main Company Client and DBA Sample Company Client stored at
- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\DBA Main Company Client.lnk
- C:\Users\Public\Desktop\DBA Sample Company Client.lnk.
- You can also delete the shortcut entries for DBA in the Widows start menu by removing these directories:
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\DBA Manufacturing
- C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\DBA Manufacturing (Beta)
This will complete the manual un-installation process of the DBA Manufacturing Client. You should then be able to run the DBAClientInstall.exe from the Client directory of the shared DBA Manufacturing folder on the server to re-install the DBA Client on the workstation.