There are missing screen elements (buttons, fields) in some DBA screens
Some screen elements (most commonly buttons on the side of the screen or some fields near the bottom of a form) are missing when viewing some screens in DBA.
This problem is most likely related to the system font resolution (size) setting. The default setting is for 96 DPI. If your setting is for a number other than the default setting, you will be able to correct this by changing your DPI setting back to the system default.
For Windows 7:
- Right-click anywhere on your desktop and select the "Personalize" option.
- In the screen that appears, click the "Display" link in the lower left.
- In the screen that appears, click the "Set Custom text size (DPI)" setting on the left.
- In the popup that appears, change the percentage in the "Scale to this percentage of normal size" setting to 100%.
You should be able to click OK and your setting is changed. You may need to log off and log back into Windows 7 before this change will take effect.
Also: If you click the setting in the middle of the Display options screen in the "Make it easier to read what's on your screen" area from the default setting of 100% to 125%, then you will also experience this behavior where DBA screen elements may not display. You can resolve this by clicking that setting back to the 100% (default) setting.
For Windows 8/Windows 8.1:
- Right click or press and hold on an empty area of your desktop, and click on "Personalize". Click on the "Display" link on the bottom left side of the screen.
- Once you are in the Display area of Personalization, you may see that you have the box checked "Let me choose one scaling level for all my displays" (this box needs to be checked to alter these settings). You need to have the "Change the size of all items" setting at "Smaller - 100% (default)" in order for the display in DBA to work properly.
- After you have changed the setting to "Smaller - 100% (default)" press the Apply button to save these changes. You should be able to click OK and your setting is changed. You may need to log off and log back into Windows before this change will take effect. After logging out of and back into Windows, you should be able to view DBA Next Generation correctly.
For Windows 10:
- Search for Display Settings, and this will take you into the Display Settings of the Windows Control Panel
- Make sure that the setting labeled "Change the size of texts, apps, and other items" is set to 100% (Recommended) using the slider to change the setting if necessary
- Log out and then log back into Windows, and you should be able to view the buttons in DBA correctly.