How to prevent the security warning "The publisher could not be verified. Are you sure you want to run this software?" when launching DBA from a client workstation.
In some cases, when attempting to run the DBA Main or Sample Company Client from a workstation PC, you may be presented with the above Security Warning popup. You can click the "Run" button from that popup, and DBA will run normally.
However, if you want to prevent that popup from happening in thefuture, you can do so by making some changes to your Internet Explorer options as follows:
1) Open Internet Explorer, and select the Tools > Internet Options menu choice (this will vary in location within Internet Explorer depending on version)
2) Click the "Security" tab in the Internet Options window, then click the "Local Intranet" icon in the "Select a zone to view or change security settings" area. Typically, the icon will look like the Earth behind a PC monitor.
3) Click on the "Sites" button, then from that popup window, click the "Advanced" button.
4) If the "Require server verifcation (https:) for all sites in this zone" button is checked, then uncheck that button.
5) Enter the name of your server, preceded by \\ in the "Add this website to the zone" field. For example, if your server's name is SERVER1, you would enter \\SERVER1 in that field. Then click the "Add" button. Then click the "Close" button.
6) Click the "OK" button to close the Local Intranet popup window, then click the "OK" button to close the Internet Options window.
At this point, you should no longer be prompted with the security warning about an unverified publisher when running DBA.