A Borland $2108 error indicates a failure of the Borland Database Engine (BDE) to properly initialize.
- You are attempting to install the Training Company on a PC that does not have a "production" installation of DBA NextGeneration.
- During the install, the files were not properly copied or not properly registered in the system registry.
- The registry points to a different location for the BDE files than where they actually got installed.
- There are permissions restrictions on the Program Files folder that prevented the Borland directory from being created
- The install was done without having local machine admin rights.
Check for the presence of the files IDAPI32.CFG in the C:\Program Files\Common Files\Borland Shared\BDE directory. If it is not there, then that is what is causing this error.
To restore the proper BDE files and settings you will need to do a complete unistall/reinstall of your program. Go to Windows - Control Panel - Add/Remove Programs and uninstall DBA Next Gen (after making sure to backup/copy the database), and say YES when it asks to remove the BDE files, and then re-run the install with full permissions, and make sure the BDE files copy properly